How to Hire a Heating Company
“Let’s see, the guys with the cheapest price? The ones with the most trucks? Or how about the company with those adorable TV commercials?”
Actually, the right answer is “none of the above. Not that price or number trucks are to be ignored. And who knows: if it weren’t for darling little commercials, maybe you’d never know that company even existed!
All we’re saying is there are better ways to hire a home heating company or, for that matter, any other home service provider.
To be sure you get what you bargain for, follow these minimum but critical steps in your selection process:
- Ask for referrals. Talk to your friends, neighbors, family members, and co-workers. Who do they use for home heating services? What do they like most about them and what, if anything, do they think that company can improve on?
- Hit the web. Once you’ve compiled a short list of contenders, check out their internet reviews. In the process, you might run across other heating and HVAC contractors that you feel bear a closer look. At the same time, check out the companies’ websites. One thing to look for is their BBB accreditation and other indicators of stability and professionalism.
- Pick up the phone. Call those heating companies that have piqued your interest. Ask to speak to someone able to provide the kind of information you deem important to making the right decision. Often, that person would be either a service manager or the owner.
- Company guarantees. For greater peace of mind, you want a company that gives you a written quote before they start the job. Reputable companies will also provide a customer satisfaction guarantee along with other guarantees and assurances.
- Ability to service your equipment. Not all heating companies work on all makes, models, and types of heating systems. So, during your research, be sure to provide that information before scheduling a service call. On the other hand, a high-quality firm would ask you that question anyway, as they’re not in the business of wasting your time or theirs.
If you’re in the process of searching for a reputable heating and cooling company, we’re here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease. More than that, we’ll work hard to exceed your expectations each time we have the privilege of serving you.
Contact Tru-Comfort today and let us know what we can do to help.